The US Center for Disease control (CDC) has three programs specifically designed to educate key partners and the public about the importance of appropriate antibiotic prescribing in doctors’ offices, healthcare facilities, veterinary medicine and animal agriculture.
The website provides the following resources:
- Information for everyone
- Information for healthcare professionals
- Respiratory illnesses: overview, causes, signs and symptoms, how to feel better, prevention
- What everyone should know and do
- Symptom relief
- Antibiotic resistance questions and answers
- Antibiotic resistance facts
- Get Smart campaign materials; brochures, posters, online materials, radio and TV
To access CDC’s Get Smart website click here.