The RCN represents nurses and nursing, promotes excellence in practice and shapes health policies.
To deliver our mission we aim to:
- Represent the interests of nurses and nursing and be their voice locally, nationally and internationally.
- Influence and lobby governments and others to develop and implement policy that improves the quality of patient care, and builds on the importance of nurses, health care assistants and nursing students to health outcomes.
- Support and protect the value of nurses and nursing staff in all their diversity, their terms and conditions of employment in all employment sectors and the interests of nurses professionally.
- Develop and educate nurses professionally and academically, building our resource of professional expertise and leadership, and the science and art of nursing and its professional practice.
- Build a sustainable, member led, organisation with the capacity to deliver our mission effectively, efficiently and in accordance with our values and the systems, attitudes and resources to offer the best possible support and development to our staff.
The RCN website provides a range of resources to support antimicrobial stewardship:
- Public health – specialist areas and resources
- Infection Prevention and Control: news, guidance and resources
To access RCN website click here.